Saturday 17 October 2009

Shrooms

The woods around the touring site are home to a huge variety of fungi; or so it seems to me.

When we were last here a few weeks ago, I snapped quite a few interesting specimens. This time there are even more. Most often growing either on fallen trees or growing trees perhaps diseased. I caught this little fella peeping out all alone in the leaf litter.

Some look like chanterelle and definitely good to eat. Others were dangerous for sure, looking like decomposed meat - dark and probably very smelly.

I should put all these fungi pictures up somewhere so someone can name them for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abbaye de Saint-Savin

Abbaye de Saint-Savin from the river-side garden T he church bells announced 2 o'clock and there was already a sizeable crowd of fol...